Monday 6 July 2009

Coverville

I've come across a couple of covers today. Both brilliant for their own reasons. But also brilliant for one reason which most, if not all covers do: surprise.
Discovery's take on a timely classic caused me to do an aural double-take, if that's possible. It starts and I'm thinking, 'What's this?' Then, 'Oh, it's that... IT'S THAT?!'.
Then this afternoon I stumbled across this by Jumbonics. I heard it in a dreamy-drop-off-to-sleep moment, listening to John Kennedy's X-Posure last week and did a double-take in my sleep, I think. Or perhaps I dreamt that.
I've purposely not mentioned either of the track names so if you can avoid looking at them when you click you can indulge in the surprise too. Exciting.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. If you're going to use the artwork and trademarked name of my all-cover song radio show, could I ask you to at least provide a link back to coverville.com itself?

    ReplyDelete